- Citi has had a presence in Belgium since 1919 and re-opened its headquarters in Brussels in 1962.
- In 2019, Citi Belgium celebrated its 100th anniversary with Citi CEO Mike Corbat, who rang the opening bell at Euronext with Citi Country Officer Gilda Neiman to mark occasion.
- Today Citi Belgium’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) provides comprehensive financial solutions to its corporate and institutional clients in Belgium, which include major companies, financial institutions, public entities and subsidiaries of foreign multinational companies.
Engagement with our stakeholders
- Citi is an active member of AmCham Belgium, fostering the U.S.-Belgium trade relations and relationship.
- Citi, as one of the organization’s founders, is represented on the Advisory Board of Women in Finance in Belgium
- Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA)
- Markets and Security Services
- Treasury and Trade Solutions
- Commercial Bank
- Private Bank
Corporate Social Responsibility Work
- YouthStart: Citi Belgium has been supporting YouthStart, part of NFTE, since its launch in Belgium delivering entrepreneurial and employability skills to at risk youth through Citi Foundation funding and volunteering.
- MicroStart: Citi, in partnership with Youth Business International, launched in 2015 a European project to support youth entrepreneurship. The project offers entrepreneurial training and mentoring with the aim of developing professional skills and creating employment opportunities.
- COVID-19: Citi Belgium made a donation to the King Baudouin Foundation to support first relief response for COVID-19.
Citi Belgium colleagues work on a regular basis with Les Salanganes, a shelter for children aged 2 – 16 years. Les Salanganes has become a second family for our employees. You’ll find them painting bedrooms, building swings in the garden or taking the children out to parks.
Diversity and Inclusion
Citi Belgium is part of the Benelux Citi Women Network. While the network name specifically refers to Women, the network looks at diversity and inclusion in a much broader sense. Citi Belgium hosts a number of significant Diversity events for clients, the public sector and other Belgian market stakeholders, as well as internal employees promoting Citi’s flagship research on the impact of women in the economy. If you are interested in engaging with us on diversity and inclusion please contact our Media and Corporate Affairs Officer.
Citi Belgium has a strong and active alumni network. Current Alumni ambassador Christa Cammaert has recently taken over the leadership from Honorary Ambassador Lode Beckers, who was instrumental in launching the network. Former Citi colleagues can join by applying on www.citialumninetwork.com.
If you are interested in career opportunities at Citi, visit http://careers.citigroup.com/
For More Information:
For Consumer Credit Cards: Please call the number on the back of the card, or for lost/stolen cards, call 1-800-950-5114
For all other questions, call +32 2 641 9411