Citi became one of the first foreign banks to have a presence in Korea, in 1967. Now, it is the only global bank with a local scale, with extensive corporate clients, and a full-scale consumer franchise in Korea. Citibank Korea Inc. (CKI) was formed on November 1, 2004, after the acquisition of KorAm Bank.
CKI has a nationwide branch network and serves 4.5 million customers. CKI, the most strongly capitalized and the most liquid bank in Korea, is composed of Institutional Clients Group, Retail, Commercial Bank and Cards businesses.
Citigroup Global Markets Korea Securities Ltd. (CGMK) provides institutional clients with corporate and investment banking services & products.
For the fiscal year 2017, Citibank Korea reported total revenue of KRW 1,205.9 billion.
- Wealth Management
To better serve HNWI customers, Citi Korea has 44 branches as of end of 2017 including 7 Wealth Management Centers with the biggest scale in Korea to Citigold Private Client, Citigold, and Citi Priority customers. The revenue in WM has increased by 25% in 2017 through transformation. Citi has introduced 'Citigold', the first WM service in Korea, in 1989.
- Global Subsidiaries Group
Citi Korea continues to lead in cash management banking over 900 multinational corporate clients in Korea. Citi Korea banks some of Korea's leading companies across the world. Citi has also established Korean desks around the world to serve Korean corporates wherever they do business around the world.
Citi Korea(CKI) is proactively engaged in community services nationwide in Korea through partnerships with NGOs and universities, and by active participation of CKI volunteers. Citi's corporate social responsibility has been focused on four key areas: 1) financial capability and next generation education, 2) women and diversity, 3) building communities, and 4) environment and volunteerism. Citi is involved with the following:
- Think Money With funding from the Citi Foundation, the 'Think Money' program was launched in 2006 in partnership with the National YWCA of Korea to help students increase their financial knowledge and skills. Over the last 12 years, CKI employees and National YWCA of Korea members who volunteered as teachers have delivered this program to over 499,000 students
- Global Finance Academy CKI and Ewha Woman's University supports the career development of university students who want to work in the finance industry or related businesses. Since 2001, the program has offered a series of lectures on financial theory and practice.
- Korea Women's Leadership Awards The 'Korea Women's Leader Award' and 'Young Woman Leader Award' were established in 2003 with Citi Foundation funding to promote women's leadership in Korean society. Two exceptional women leaders are presented with awards each year and a special prize was added to recognize contributions to diversity and multiculturalism since 2009.
- Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer CKI Women Council has helped low income breast cancer patients pay for their surgeries through the internal 'pink ribbon' campaign since 2008.
- Women's Entrepreneurship Program CKI and Korea Small Business Institute (KOSBI) have managed this program since 2008. Supported through Citi Foundation funding, the program strengthens women's business competitiveness through training, capacity building (Citi-KOSBI Women's Entrepreneurship Academy) and identifying successful businesswomen role models/mentors (Citi-KOSBI Women Entrepreneur Awards).
- Citi-JA Shining Future Citi runs the Vocational Training Program for Special High Schools together with Junior Achievement Korea to help teenagers acquire job skills including how to write a good resume, interview skills, relationship building, and work ethics. In this program, CKI executives and employees provide mentoring to help them achieve their goals in their lives.
- Class for the future of multi-cultural families The program supports multicultural families and teenagers in vulnerable social groups to make sure that they have a clear sense of vision, improve self-esteem, enhance vocational abilities, better assimilate themselves into communities, and develop sound sense of citizenship.
- Habitat for Humanity Partnering with Habitat Korea since 1998, CKI has helped build 32 houses through the participation of 1,500 employees and their family members.
- NGO Internship Citi-Kyunghee University NGO Students Internship Program' was initiated in 2006 to foster young leaders who will spearhead community development and Korea's next generation of NGOs. Over the past 12 years, the program has provided 1,134 undergraduate students with two-month internships to gain valuable work experience at NGOs located across Korea.
- Global Community Day Global Community Day is a global Citi event launched in 2006, when Citi employees and their friends, family members and clients take part in various community programs around the world. Citi Korea also participates in the volunteer program every year under the slogan of "Green Citi, Clean City".
- Gyeongin Ara Waterway Gaggumi Since the first participation in the waterway protection organized by K-Water, Citibank Korea has been at the forefront of the efforts to transform the surrounding areas of Ara Water Way to a resting place for citizens through three rounds of tree-planting and water purification using EM (Effective Microorganisms) balls.
- Korea Social Enterprise Awards CKI launched 'Korea Social Enterprise Awards' on 2017. The award, sponsored by Citibank Korea and organized by Joyful Union, was established to celebrate the 10th anniversary of enforcing the Social Enterprise Promotion Act. The prize awards social enterprises committed to addressing social issues faced by vulnerable people through job
The AssetBest bank /Best equity house (2016, 2017)
Digital Bank of the Year in Korea (2017)
Best corporate and institutional bank (2016)
Global Finance MagazineBest digital bank - Corporate/Institutional Banking (2016, 2017)
Best Consumer Digital Bank in Asia Pacific – Korea (2017)
FinanceAsiaBest Foreign Bank (2016, 2017)
Korea Multimedia Technology Award
Minister of Science, ICT and Future Planning Award - NEW Citi Mobile app (2017)