Citi's presence in Thailand first began in 1967, under The Commercial Credit Corporation (Thailand) Ltd., focusing on auto and consumer goods financing. Citi Thailand celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2017.
On November 1, 1985, Citibank, N.A. was formally registered as a full-service branch. Since then, Citi has become Thailand's most diversified foreign bank, offering a full range of banking services across consumer banking and corporate banking.
Citi operates through three full-service retail banking branches and 30 Citi outlets across the country.
Citi's major commercial banking businesses include foreign exchange and treasury, cash management, trade finance, custodian services, lending, securitization, and capital markets.
On the consumer side, we are the leader in credit cards, Ready Credit (cash product), personal loans and wealth management. We strive to offer remarkable client experience through enhanced digital banking capabilities. Citi Thailand's clients include the government and related entities, global multinationals, leading local corporates and financial institutions.
- Citibank, N.A – Full Branch;
- Citicorp Securities (Thailand) Ltd. – sub-broker business
- Citicorp Leasing (Thailand) Ltd. – consumer lending business (non-bank)
- Citi Consumer Product (Thailand) Ltd. – collection business
- Citibank is the leading card issuer in Thailand. Our first Visa cards were launched in 1990.
- In 1993, Citibank's Bangkok branch was the first to launch 24-hour Citiphone Banking to serve credit cardholders around the clock.
- Citibank Ready Credit, cash card and emergency cash lending, was introduced as the first of its kind in Thailand, in 1996.
- Commercial Cards were introduced to corporate customers in Thailand in 2009.
- Smart Banking officially opened its first branch at the Interchange 21 building in November, 2010.
- Citibank was the first financial institution in Thailand to launch Voice Biometrics authentication in November 2016.
Supporting Local Communities
- Since 2000, Citi Thailand has given approximately 106.56 million baht (US$3,757,008) in grants to support a variety of community development programs, and has regularly undertaken cause-related marketing campaigns to raise funds for charitable organizations.
- Citi Thailand staff have been actively volunteering to support charitable activities of their choice. Citi also has its traditional Global Community Day, which has been organized annually since 2006 to encourage staff, family and friends to volunteer their time and skills in community service activities.
- Community Children Foundation Under the Royal Patronage of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (CCF) received grant from Citi Foundation to conduct Promoting Income Generating and Financial Skills for Urban Marginalized Youth program. It is a school-based intervention that provides interactive classroom training and activity-based learning on career aspiration, income generation, entrepreneurship and financial literacy to public school students and a school for the Deaf. The program will broaden youth economic opportunities by setting them on the pathways to saving practice, exposure to vocational and trade skills and practice running business through Student Business Clubs.
- Citi Foundation supports Empowering Marginalized Youth of Bangkok for Productive Citizenship Program by working with World Vision Foundation of Thailand. The overall objective of this program is "Enhanced work readiness and self-employment skills of vulnerable youth aged 16-25 years old live in Bangkok. The program focuses on life skills development covering soft skills, work readiness skills and livelihood skills training for the pilot business enterprise.
- Financial Skills Building for a Secure Financial Future program implemented by Kenan Institute Asia will train community group members living in Bangkok and nearby provinces in financial life skills, as well as train community group leaders in financial management for community groups and counseling skills. The program is innovative addition to financial lending practices in Thailand because it will train community group leaders to serve as community counselors for community members on financial literacy and financial products, and equip community group leaders with skills to manage finance of community funds.
- Best Bank in Thailand, The Asset Triple A Awards 2017 (eighth consecutive year)
- Best Foreign Bank in Thailand, Finance Asia Country Awards 2017 (13th win: 2002 -2012, 2015-2017)
- Best Corporate/Institutional Digital Bank and Best Consumer Digital Bank, Global Finance Best Digital Bank 2017
- Best Primary Market Contributor and Best Secondary Market Contributor, Best Bond Awards 2017
- CSR Excellence Recognition, AMCHAM CSR Excellence Recognition 2017 (eighth consecutive year and was among top three finalists of Best in General Category)