This Privacy Notice (the "Notice") governs how Citigroup Inc. and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, "Citi," "we," or "us") collect, use, and disclose Personal Information (as defined below) from and about users ("you") of this website, Citi Blog and Citi News Alerts (collectively, the "Services"). We advise you to read the Notice in its entirety, including the jurisdiction-specific provisions in the appendix to this Notice, which will apply to users in certain jurisdictions.
If you are a California resident, the California Privacy Rights Act may give you certain privacy rights related to your Personal Information, which are in addition to any rights set forth in this Notice. Please read the California Supplemental Provision below for additional information.
Please note that if you are a Citi customer, additional privacy notices may apply to you as a customer of a particular Citi business, and this Notice does not replace any other privacy notice that may be applicable to Personal Information collected or used by Citi through that customer relationship with Citi.
Personal Information Collected Through the Services
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Other Information.
"Personal Information" is sometimes also referred to as personal data, personally identifiable information or other like terms to mean any information that directly or indirectly identifies you or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household.
"Other Information" is information that does not and cannot reveal an individual's specific identity, such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
Citi collects and uses certain Personal Information in order to operate and provide you with access to the Services. This includes Personal Information that you provide to us and Personal Information that we collect automatically when you visit or interact with the Services.
Information That You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use the Services. For example, we collect information directly from you when you sign up for Citi News alerts and provide feedback on our websites or mobile apps. The types of Personal Information that we may collect directly from you include the following:
- Your name, email addresses, telephone numbers, and other contact details;
- Your online preferences and subscription selections; and
- Business information, such as your company name and your role.
Information That We Collect About Your Use of the Services
We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services and about the device you use to access the Services, which may include:
- The pages you request and visit;
- Information obtained in the course of maintaining or supporting the Services;
- Information about your internet use, such as your IP address, the URLs of sites from which you arrive or leave the Services, your type of browser, your operating system, your internet provider; and
- If you access the Services via your mobile device, we may also collect information about your mobile provider and type of mobile device.
We (and others that control collection of Personal Information) use different technologies to collect this information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Advertising and Analytics
Your device may also include a feature ("Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS or "Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt Out of Ads Personalization" on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through mobile apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
How Personal Information Is Used
We use the Personal Information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services. We may also use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages (such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies) and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Receive and respond to your submissions on the Services such as submissions on our website;
- Permit you to participate in voluntary polls and surveys (we may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in such polls and surveys, and you may be required to provide your contact details to the third party in order to fulfill the incentive offer);
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Citi and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see "Your Choices" below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Develop new products and services and enhance current products and services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Citi and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How Personal Information Is Disclosed
We may disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes or as otherwise described in this Notice:
- To support certain Citi entities' use of information in accordance with this Notice (a list of Citi entities who may access your Personal Information can be found at http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/831001/000083100115000043/citi-exhibit2101x12312014.htm);
- With our service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, processing your transactions, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other services;
- To cooperate with public and government authorities and law enforcement, and to respond to their requests, or to provide them with information as required;
- For other legal reasons, such as to monitor compliance with and enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, to protect against fraud, crime, illegal activity, anti-money laundering, or anti-terrorism, and for risk management purposes; and
- In connection with a sale or business transaction, such as to an acquiring entity or its advisors in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you to help deliver products, services, and content that are tailored to the users of our Services and for other purposes.
We may transfer information to Citi affiliated companies or other parties throughout the world, for example to process transactions and provide you with products and services. Regardless of where we process your information, we still treat it in accordance with this Notice and applicable law.
Our Services are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will take appropriate action.
Links to Other Websites
The Services may contain links to other websites. Please note that Citi is not responsible for the privacy or information security practices of other websites. You should carefully review the applicable privacy and information security policies and notices for any other websites you click through to via the Services.
We seek to use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures to safeguard Personal Information within our organization against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Marketing Emails and Citi News Alerts
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us or Citi News Alerts, you may opt out by following the instructions contained within each such email or through the communications center in your account profile. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails or Citi News Alerts, we may still send you administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a do not track feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser do not track signals.
Updating Your Personal Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please use the Contact Us option on our website, or call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate address for changes listed on your account statements, records, online or other account materials. You can also speak to a branch representative, your financial advisor or your designated account representative.
Changes to This Notice
From time to time, we may revise this Notice. Changes may be made for any number of reasons, including to reflect industry initiatives, changes in the law, and changes to the scope of the Services, among other reasons. You can tell when we last updated the Notice by checking the date at the beginning of the Notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us using the contact form below.
If you are contacting us from outside the United States, please refer to the Citi website in your country or use the contact details in the local privacy notice for your product.
Supplemental provisions regarding individuals in the EEA
If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., to facilitate your participation in voluntary polls and surveys).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to the Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests
You may have certain rights with respect to the personal data which Citi holds about you, including the right to access or correct (and sometimes, object to or delete) the information. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal data that you have provided to us, object to the processing of personal data, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law) you may contact our GDPR Data Protection Officer using the bellowing information. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.