Citi has been present in Bangladesh since 1987. Today Citi has three branches, two banking offices and more than 140 employees in Bangladesh.
Citi in Bangladesh operates across the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) supporting global multinational companies, large Bangladesh corporates, financial customers and public sector clients with award-winning cash management, trade services, agency and trust, and direct custody and clearing solutions, as well as FX and lending.
Citi has a well-developed Financial Institutions business supporting the cross-border transactions of nationalized and private sector banks in the country. Citi also plays a vital role as the leading bookrunner of capital-market solutions for our clients in Bangladesh.
Citi's Corporate Bank serves local corporates and multinationals across several industries, providing vital linkage and an integrated perspective throughout the Bangladesh supply chain and business operations.
Institutional Clients Group
The ICG in Bangladesh covers Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory, Treasury and Trade Solutions and Markets and Securities Services.
Over the past three decades Citi has been working to support the development of the Bangladesh capital markets.
Citi's Landmark Achievements in Bangladesh
- Largest LCY Syndicated Loan in Bangladesh for Banglalink Digital Communications Ltd.
- Sole Arranger and Agent for LCY Syndicated Loan for BURO Bangladesh
- Citi was selected as the Sole Independent Advisor to the Government of Bangladesh for sovereign ratings advisory.
- Citi led the first-ever global bond for Banglalink Digital Communications Ltd.
- Citi led an international syndicated loan for Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation, a petroleum corporation owned by Bangladesh's Ministry of Energy
- Citi Bangladesh arranged the world's first Triple-A-rated micro-credit securitization transaction for US$180 million for BRAC, the largest NGO in the world.
- Citi successfully arranged the country's largest-ever local currency amortizing senior secured bond offering of BDT 7.07 billion (US$102 million).
- Citi arranged the largest IPO in Bangladesh for US$141 million for Grameenphone Ltd.
- Citi arranged the country's first-ever syndicated agricultural term financing facility of BDT 1.5 billion (US$21.7 million).
- Citi was the sole placement agent for the country's first unsecured, non-convertible, subordinated Tier-II Bond issue of BDT 2.5 billion by Prime Bank Ltd.
- Citi Bangladesh is the leader in cash management innovation in the country.
- First bank to launch online transaction banking solution in the country in 2003—CitiDirect
- First bank to launch Direct Debit Program in 2012
- First bank to organize Electronic Payment Roadshows across the country in 2014 in collaboration with Central Bank
- Citi Bangladesh was a pioneer in offering E-Collect/Virtual Account solutions
- Citi Bangladesh was one of the first banks capable of supporting multiple statement formats for providing real-time MIS against incoming Electronic Fund Transfers
- "Best Corporate/Institutional Digital Bank" in Bangladesh by Global Finance for 13 years in a row
Citi in the Community
Financial Statements & Schedule of Charges
- Audited Financial Statements 2021
- Audited Financial Statements 2020
- Audited Financial Statements Onshore 2019
- Audited Financial Statements Onshore 2018
- Audited Financial Statements OBU 2018
- Audited Financial Statements Onshore 2017
- Audited Financial Statements OBU 2017
- Audited Financial Statements Onshore 2016
- Audited Financial Statements OBU 2016
- Rate Matrix May 2022
- Schedule of Charges July 2022
Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III)
- Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III) 2021
- Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III) 2020
- Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III) 2019
- Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III) 2018
- Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III) 2017
- Disclosures on Risk Based Capital (Basel III) 2016
Efaz Alam Chowdhury
Head of Client Experience,
Citibank N.A. Bangladesh
8 Gulshan Avenue
Phone: +880 9612991215
DID: +880 9612991215
Hotline: +8802 8855140
For More Information:
Fax: +88 02 986 0917