Citi has been present in Ghana since 2003, as a representative office. With no on-the-ground banking operations, Citi’s offerings in Ghana are limited to some offshore solutions through affiliate Citi institutions.
Citi continues to focus on competitively creating value and providing efficient service delivery to our clients while maintaining a robust risk and control environment. Citi brings our global expertise, coupled with in-depth knowledge of the local market, to provide appropriate banking solutions. Our suite of products include:
- Offshore cash management services in Ghana, mainly to local banks. These are cross border/international payment solutions through correspondent accounts opened offshore (held with Citi U.S., U.K. and other affiliates offshore). These services also include investment and liquidity solutions and access to Citi’s electronic channel, CitiDirect (Multi Bank Transaction Initiation/MBTI for Corporates, where required) for reporting purposes
- Trade Services (Confirmation of Letters of Credit, Guarantees, SBLCs), Trade Finance (Trade Loans, etc.), via local bank relationships.
- Spot and forward FX solutions: Support dynamic hedging and best coverage for cross currencies (G10 currencies) for local banks in Ghana.
- Originating, structuring, executing and generally advising on debt capital market transactions and liability management solutions, primarily for Public Sector clients.
- Synthesized risk management solutions to minimize earnings volatility, manage transaction risks and protect budgeted rates. Product offerings are on various underlying commodities.
Corporate Social Responsibility Work
We continue to applaud the efforts of our non-profit partners like Junior Achievement, who, alongside Citi, continue to promote economic progress and improve the lives of people in low-income communities around Ghana. Our combined efforts have seen an increase in financial inclusion, job opportunities for the youth and innovative approaches to building an economically vibrant nation. More than 100 Citi Volunteers have participated in various volunteering efforts that have impacted the lives of over youths across Ghana.
Citi's annual diversity event celebrates the diverse teams at Citi and continues to encourage inclusion amongst its employees irrespective of their gender and/or position. These initiatives are used to build strong relationships and diverse teams, inclusive leaders are able to increase productivity, performance and engagement with employees and customers.