Citi has maintained an uninterrupted presence and commitment to Greece for more than 50 years, during which it has facilitated international business and capital flows, served consumers, companies, financial institutions and helped Governments meet their objectives.
Citi Greece launched its operations in 1964 with 18 employees in three leased rooms of a central hotel. However, our institution's links to Greece date back to 1948, when Citi financed A. Onassis' first supertanker, an innovation in oil transportation that made a scarce resource available world-wide.
Citi Greece Institutional Clients Group, consisting of Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets, Treasury & Trade Solutions and Securities Services as well as Private Banking and Shipping is a leader in each of its respective markets.
Citi Greece is a trusted partner to local Financial Institutions and Corporates through the Advisory, Debt & Equity Capital Markets and Credit extension offerings. Citi's unique global footprint provides an irreplaceable advantage to more than 250 subsidiaries of global multi-nationals that operate in Greece and to which it provides a full range of banking services, including cash and liquidity management, trade finance services, as well as, advanced reporting tools via a sophisticated and much awarded corporate e-banking platform.
Citi Greece is the largest recipient of institutional investor flows for trades on the Athens Exchange.
The Securities Services business has been for the past 17 years and still is the single largest custodian in the Greek market. Historically, Citi Greece has been a partner to the Greek and Cypriot Governments with awarded mandates.
Citi's Shipping franchise is among the most longstanding, reputable and established names in the industry with a long-lasting and distinguished clientele base. Shipping has consistently supported its Clients with funding solutions and capital markets access throughout the cycle.
Innovation is core to Citi. Citi Greece's Corporate business has a series of sophisticated innovations to present, such as Sovereign Financing and Hedging Solutions, High-Yield Bonds, Securitizations, Derivatives, Domestic and International Syndications, Leveraged Buyout Structures, Corporate Lease and Export Agency Finance.
Over the years, Citi's community outreach in Greece has been significant and continuous, developing under the pillars of Financial Education and Youth Entrepreneurship, Volunteerism, Environment and Philanthropy.
Best Investment Bank in Greece, Euromoney Awards 2017
Best Investment Bank in Greece, Euromoney Awards 2016
Best Bank in Greece, Euromoney Awards 2012
Best Investment Bank in Greece, Euromoney Awards 2012
Best Private Bank in Greece, Euromoney Awards 2012
- Citi Privacy Statement for Corporate – Institutional Clients and Associated Individuals, Greek version
- Citi Privacy Statement for Corporate – Institutional Clients and Associated Individuals, English version
- Citi Privacy Statement for Closed and Divested Retail Bank Operations, Greek version
- Citi Privacy Statement for Closed and Divested Retail Bank Operations, English version
- Citi Privacy Statement for Former Employees/Dependents/Emergency Contacts, Greek Version
- Informational Document on the Code of Conduct Law 4224/2013
- CRS Client Notification
- CRS Entities Self-Certification Form
- CRS Customers Self-Certification Form
- CRS Controlling Persons Self-Certification Form
- Citi log of certified employees as per applicable Bank of Greece and HCMC Common Decision
- Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Pricing Table
For More Information:
Phone: +30 210 3292000 - Outside Greece