Citi established its presence in Zambia in 1979 and currently operates two branches-in the capital, Lusaka, and in the Copperbelt province town of Ndola. Citi is a leading institutional bank providing banking services to multinationals, top-tier local corporate entities, government ministries and agencies, non-profit organizations, banks and non-bank financial institutions.
Correspondent Banking:Citi Zambia provides coverage in all the major urban centers in Zambia through strategic correspondent banking partnerships. We are also the correspondent bank of choice for most of the local banks operating in Zambia, and within the Africa region. With presence in over 100 countries across the world, we partner with local correspondent banks to extend the reach of our cash management services.
Market Knowledge:Citi possesses very strong knowledge of the Zambian economy, and understands the special needs of the country and the region. Citibank is present in 16 countries in Africa, and in 23 non-presence countries. This foot print gives it unparalleled knowledge of the region, reflected in its ability to bring tailored solutions to the peculiar needs of corporations operating in the continent, drawing on its global expertise and local knowledge
The bank offers a full range of value added products, including Trade Finance, Cash Management, Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Treasury and Derivatives products covering currencies and commodities. The bank leverages the skill base of the global Citibank organization in bringing solutions to corporate clients.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS)is an integral part of Citi's Institutional Clients group, serving public sector clients, corporates and financial institutions in over 120 countries. TTS' innovative solutions across Cash Management, Trade Services and Working Capital Solutions help clients streamline and automate processes, mitigate risk and expand their reach.
Corporate & Investment BankingA team of experienced Relationship Managers and Analysts are always at hand to assist with all your banking needs. Our global footprint and expertise enables us to offer financing solutions across local and foreign currencies.
Global Markets & Treasury ServicesOur undisputed and ongoing commitment to developing and deepening the local financial markets in Zambia has had several firsts in the market, including:
- First bank to provide financing solutions to corporations in Zambia, encompassing transaction banking, trade finance, corporate finance and treasury solutions;
- First bank to arrange a local currency syndication loan valued at more than US$100 million;
- First bank to introduce web-based electronic banking;
- First bank to offer customers REPOs as a high-yielding investment vehicle;
- First bank to introduce foreign exchange forwards in the market;
- First bank to offer an upcountry structured collection solution through Speed-collect;
- First bank to introduce currency swaps in the market.
- Leading provider of commodity finance solutions including commodity hedges
For more information on our products and services visit https://www.citibank.com.
Providing new products and innovative solutions since inception, we have contributed to the growth of our customers' businesses and that of the Zambian economy. These include:
- CitiDirect BESM - CitiDirect BE Online Banking is a single disbursement and reconciliation channel that will help to facilitate all payments and reporting requirements in real-time globally. CitiDirect BE has been nominated as Best Internet bank globally for five years running by Global Finance
- CitiConnect - This is the first fully integrated customs tax payment platform, which links directly with the Revenue Authority systems for customs tax payments. CitiConnect is also used for our unmatched Supplier Chain Finance Program.
- Citi FX Pulse - FX Pulse is Citi's premier online FX platform specially developed for your global FX needs. This Foreign Exchange Dealing Platform avails the clients the ability to deal foreign exchange online, at market prices, featuring rich and dynamic features with modules that you could fully customize to your needs, managing your FX business with pre-trade, multi-asset execution tools and our full suite of post trade functionality. This platform makes Foreign Exchange management more efficient and cost effective
At Citi, one of our most important strategic advantages is the remarkably wide range of cultures, backgrounds and perspectives that being in more than 100 countries brings to our work. Our global presence and geographical and cultural diversity provide our clients with a unique and powerful blend of global insight and local knowledge. Research and experience both confirm that when a company fully embraces diversity, the most talented people are not just attracted to joining the company, but are also much more motivated to stay. Maintaining a truly diverse environment has been proven to be a leading indicator of the quality of a risk culture in addition to be an effective way of connecting to an equally diverse client base.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Through Citi's Corporate Social Responsibility, a number of initiatives have been undertaken to better the communities in which we operate. As a further initiative to assist the unbanked market, Citi's partnership with FINCA Zambia dates back to 2002 and has directly empowered thousands of low-income business owners in many ways. FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses. Citi Foundation has provided a total of US $100,000 towards the Village Banking Project serving over 740,000 clients through 78,000+ Village Banks.
Citi has also supported the Junior Achievement (JA) Zambia Chapter financially and through mentoring since 2007. To date, Citi has provided grant support of over $200,000. Junior Achievement Worldwide (JA Worldwide) is the world's largest organization dedicated to educating young students about entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy. Citi sits on the JA Board.
Global Community Day (GCD) is celebrated annually with volunteering initiatives that alternate between supporting schools and orphanages and building houses for the less privileged. Citi celebrated its 11th Global Community Day in 2016. Through GCD activities, a total of over $100,000 has been spent on various community outreach programs.
For over 25 years, Citi has given annual scholarships to four students from two of the highest learning institutions in the Zambia-the University of Zambia and the Copperbelt University. Human Capital development, both internally, as well as externally, is very important. Through mentoring, College Graduate internships, Management Associate Programs and programs focusing on diversity advancement for women, we concentrate on improving the quality of both our staff as well as potential new hires entering the market.
Visit the Citi Zambia website at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/countries-and-jurisdictions/zambia.html.
Careers at Citi
Learn about career opportunities at Citi: http://careers.citigroup.com/Careers/ .
For More Information:
Fax: +260 211 258911
Fax: +260 212 651437
Corporate & Investment Banking: +260 211 444404/08
Treasury & Trade Solutions: +260 21 144 4424 / 0211 444490
Global Markets & Treasury Services: +260 211 444433/35