New York and Bellevue, Wash. Citi, the world's largest credit card issuer, and Expedia Inc., the largest online travel company in the world, today announced that they extended their partnership in a multi-year agreement. Through the new agreement, Citi and Expedia Inc., through the Expedia.com brand, will continue working together to provide more value to loyal travelers and cardmembers. Since 2007, Citi and Expedia have worked together to provide the Citi Premier Pass® / Expedia® card, which has helped hundreds of thousands of travelers connect with the people and places that matter most to them.
"Our customers expect Expedia to deliver great deals and great experiences as they explore the world, and Citi plays a key role in making these experience a reality for hundreds of thousands of travelers," noted David Doctorow, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Brand Expedia. "Our partnership with Citi continues to be an important component of our customer loyalty program, rewarding cardmembers for their everyday purchases and enhancing the travel experience itself by further rewarding travelers for their explorations booked through Expedia. We're excited to continue our relationship with Citi and to continue to innovate with them to bring more value to our best travelers."
Added Ralph Andretta, Head of Product Management at Citi Cards, "Expedia has long been respected and trusted by travelers as one of the best places to plan and book travel – wherever their final destination may be. We are pleased to continue our work together to introduce innovative and rewarding ways that recognize our customers' loyalty and purchases on Expedia.com – and enable them to enjoy even more memorable trips."
Expedia, Inc. is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world's leading online travel brands, including:
- Expedia.com®, the world's largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 12 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
- Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading hotel metasearch company with sites in 40 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America's leading retail cruise vacation experts
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world's leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2014 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi