David Cowan, Emerging Markets Economist, Citi Research discusses the ongoing resilience in the Africa growth story based on the continent’s favourable demographics, technological developments and a changing world economy.
- The transition away from “Africa Rising” story in search of transformative growth and change.
- How African governments and the private sector need to work together for a “New Growth Mode”’ to emerge.
- The role of infrastructure and commodities in the changing growth story across the continent.
- Africa’s unique demographics and the challenges they pose to policy makers in framing development agendas.
- The importance of improving fiscal discipline and exchange rate flexibility for growth to pick up and to increase resilience against future economic shocks.