NEW YORK – Citi today announced that it will donate over $6.6 million in support of education-focused non-profit organizations as part of its 2023 e for education campaign.
With this donation, the campaign is set to donate over $73 million in aggregate since its inception in 2013, and has helped non-profit organizations support over 2 million young people.
Citi Markets donates a percentage of business proceeds traded electronically during an annual eight-week campaign from September to October.
“We wholeheartedly believe in the power of education to help young people unleash their talent and are very proud witnessing the impact that the campaign has had over the last decade,” said Flavio Figueiredo, Head of FX.
The non-profit organizations tackle childhood illiteracy and improve access to quality education.
Since its launch in 2013, the campaign has in aggregate:
- Supported over 2 million young people
- Helped over 54,000 schools
- Spanned over 81 countries
Further information can be found at: www.citifx.com/e4e
Citi’s first e for education campaign originated in FX in 2013, and the campaign has since expanded across Citi’s e-trading businesses.
Citi works with 13 non-profit partners globally that support the right to education for all children.
2023 Partners (alphabetical order):
- Asian University for Women – A fully independent, regional institution dedicated to empowering women from the most marginalized communities across Asia through women's education and leadership development
- Civic Builders – Develops public school buildings in historically under-resourced communities
- Ditch the Label – A leading youth charity, which runs a digital support platform that provides advice and support for young people who are experiencing a wide range of issues, including bullying and mental health
- EMpower – Supports marginalized youth in education in emerging market countries
- Fallen Patriots – Educates children who have lost a parent in the U.S. Military
- Malala Fund – Breaks down the barriers preventing more than 130 million girls around the world from going to school
- Pencils of Promise – A non-profit organization whose focus is removing barriers and supporting access to quality education in Laos, Guatemala and Ghana
- Place2Be – A children's mental health charity with more than 25 years of experience providing mental health support for pupils, families and staff in UK schools
- Reach the World – Makes the benefits of travel accessible to classrooms through virtual exchange, inspiring youth to become more curious and confident global citizens
- Room to Read – Creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality
- Teach First – A charity that provides a range of school leadership programs to support teachers, leaders and schools facing the biggest challenges, serving the most disadvantaged communities
- Teach For All – A global network of organizations working to ensure all children have the education, support and opportunity they need to fulfil their potential
- Uncommon Schools – Starts and manages K – 12 public charter schools that prepare students from low-income backgrounds for college and beyond
Citi is a preeminent banking partner for institutions with cross-border needs, a global leader in wealth management and a valued personal bank in its home market of the United States. Citi does business in nearly 160 countries and jurisdictions, providing corporations, governments, investors, institutions and individuals with a broad range of financial products and services.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi
Rekha Jogia-Soni: Rekha.JogiaSoni@citi.com